With the sun finally shining and winter on its way out now is the time to freshen your home with a deep spring cleaning. Go beyond your basic everyday cleaning to get your house in top shape. Here is a detailed spring cleaning plan.
- Start by clearing out the clutter. Get rid of anything that doesn’t belong in your living room.
- Dust the living room walls, ceilings, and corners. Also, dust the ceiling fan if you have one.
- Remove and wash couch slipcovers. Also vacuum underneath your couch cushions.
- If you have an area rug, take it in for dry cleaning.
- Dust and clean blinds or curtains.
- Wipe down your entryway door.
- Vacuum and steam clean your floors.
- Wash and put away all dishes.
- Clean your countertop, stove and the front of your cabinets.
- Carefully clean out your refrigerator and freezer. Throw away all expired food.
- Dust the ceiling, corners, and walls. Also dust blinds.
- If you have a ceiling fan, dust it. Then, dust any artwork or other items.
- Deep clean your oven.
- Sweep and mop your floors.
- Organize your cabinets and pantry. Throw away expired food.
- Remove any clothing that doesn’t belong.
- Throw away old, expired products.
- Clean the bathtub and shower area with a bleach-based cleaner.
- Wipe down the sink area.
- Disinfect and clean the toilet bowl.
- Wipe down the mirror using a window wipe.
- Mop the floor.
- Declutter and organize the space.
- Clean the washing machine well. Use a laundry machine cleaner if needed.
- Organize laundry room shelves. Throw away any garbage.
- Clean out the lint filter on your dryer. Also clean lint from the dryer vent.
- Remove any clothing that has fallen behind the washer and dryer.
- Use a soft brush to remove dirt.
- Add a mild dish detergent to a bucket of clean water.
- Wash the windows using a strip washer.
- Use a squeegee to remove any water.
- Wipe the window with a microfiber cloth.
The above spring cleaning plan will help you get your house in tip-top shape this spring. It doesn’t take long to complete either. You can clean the entire house over a weekend by following the plan. For more house tips and tricks, check out the rest of our blog posts.